Dear Baking Girl,
Allow yourself to indulge in not one kind of chocolate, but four…
Recipe is adapted from: http://casadimoo.com/2012/11/bake-the-perfect-soft-chocolate-chip-cookie/
- 2 ¼ cup white flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened/room temperature
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 3.4 oz package instant vanilla pudding mix (that’s the dry box – I use Jell-O because the store brand tasted… different)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- (Dear Girl’s Addition) **For the four chip: also add dark chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In small bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Let the dough chill in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours.
- When ready, preheat the oven to 335 degrees.
- Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls/small golf ball sizes onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove immediately and let sit on cooling racks, not the cookie sheets.
Notes from the original author:
“On a side note, I mix everything by hand, and only “just” when it comes to the eggs and vanilla. The cookies also will not look “done” at 10 minutes but I promise they are! Cookies continue to bake even when they’re removed from the oven, so keep that in mind! If you feel your dough is a little too dry, feel free to add 1-2 tbsp heavy cream, and it’s wise to keep the dough cool and in the fridge when you’re not using it to load up your baking sheet. Why? The warmer the dough, the flatter and less soft the cookie.
TIP: You can also pre-ball these up and freeze them for when you just want a few cookies!”
Review from Dear Girl:
This recipe worked out perfectly! It was delectable and super soft! Enjoy, Baking Girl!