Dear Baking Girl,
I call these the “Mini Dirty Banana and Oreo No-Bake Cheesecakes”
It began with an attempt to do an easy no-bake recipe (http://thecornerkitchenblog.com/healthier-no-bake-cheesecake-bites/), but then I decided to get creative.
The Corner Kitchen recipe is so simple and I loved it, but I didn’t have all the ingredients and wanted to spice up the recipe with some chocolate and banana (mm-mm my favorites).
Here are my ingredients (adapted from the original recipe) and then it will be followed by picture instructions:
Ingredients for 12 mini cheesecakes:
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Box of Oreos – cookies used as cheesecake bases, crumbs within cheesecake and topping, and center filling as my personal replacement for half-and-half and vanilla extract)
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (can add more to your liking)
- 1-2 tsp of lime juice (comparative to the amount of sugar added – I added too much lime juice for my first try!)
- 2-3 squares of milk chocolate or baker’s chocolate
- Open up 8 oreos and scrape out the cream filling into a bowl.
- Take 4 cookie halves and break them into crumbs. (Crumbs do not need to be fine)
- Cream together cream cheese, filling, and sugar.
- Add in lime juice and continue to mix into smooth.
- Stir in oreo crumbs.
- Place mixture into a bag (this will be easier to pipe mixture onto bases later) and put into the fridge while preparing cheesecake base.
- Melt 2-3 squares of chocolate in a double boiler (I used a bowl of hot water and placed a cup into the bowl since I do not have a boiler).
- Spread thing layers of melted chocolate on oreo halves.
- Set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Putting Together the Cheesecake
- Pipe cheesecake mixture onto chocolate covered oreos.
- Cut small banana slices and insert into the center of each cheesecake.
- Drizzle remaining melted chocolate and sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs to your liking.
- Place in fridge until you’re ready to eat!